10 August, 2008

Predictions

I should say in advance that my prediction for the US Presidential race was that it would be between Giuliani and Clinton. I hesitated therefore to suggest that John Edwards was a likely running mate for Obama and indeed he has fallen at the first morality fence, admitting to an affair (some say fathering a child) while his wife was suffering from cancer, and I should have thought this might well disqualify him.

Here then are my predictions for the Olympics:

Most medals: China
Most disappointed: USA
Best losers: Team GB (or the United Kingdom as we sometimes call it)
Best uniforms: Italy
Most TV cameras and personnel: The BBC
Biggest political losers from a successful games: Tibet
Biggest financial losers : UK
Most popular sport: beach volleyball

In this regard I should say that I once owned some broadcast rights to a minor sport and someone who could be regarded a in a position to know told me that if I wanted it to become an Olympic sport he could give me a telephone number to call and someone would mention a sum of money and give details of a bank account to deposit it in.

Now who is funding synchronised swimming?

No comments: