19 February, 2010

Burning bright

Actually I don't want Tiger Woods to apologise to me. No need, really. The whole thing was a bit of mildly interesting chaff, some tittilation in the cheap press, nothing more. I didn't suffer; in fact I was mildly amused. This is the stuff of Roman folklore, that the Gods have the same weaknesses as us.

Traducing the image (of a clean cut young boy) he had sold to the media and the sponsorship companies is something he could have apologised for quietly. But I don't feel let down by that, either. I know a little it about the publicity machine and it has its ups and downs. Look at Britney Spears.

The only apology necessary should be to his wife, and that in private.

When all is said and done, Tioger Woods is wonderful golfer and he will return to golf. As soon as he wins his first tournament the press will forget about his indiscretions. Life is like that.

No comments: