28 April, 2010

UK Elections 12: Gillian Duffy


I am not a supporter of Grodon Brown but actually I rather hope this story isn't going much further.

Gordon Brown had decided that to beef up his campaign he had to get out amongst real people and not have such stage managed performances. This of course carries with it some risk. I must admit I wouldn't have done an unscripted gig in Rochdale.

Mrs Duffy had a bit of a go at the Prime Minister; she doesn't much like immigrants or national debt, of both of which he has increased numbers dramatically, but they seemed to leave on amical terms. Concorde (have you noticed how the nose cone goes up and down?) then said, while still wearing his radio mike, 'That was a disaster... that bigoted woman'.

The media are like a puppy that has got hold of your trouser bottoms. I turned on BBC 24hr news at midday UK time and by the time we got through the World at One had heard the clip, now digitally enhanced, six or seven times.

Actually, confronted with such a person, my own language would have been far worse, but I don't think we have seen the end of this. I'm almost sorry for Concorde.

Almost.


No comments: