25 March, 2014

The way we live now

I don't know what you made of the news that aborted embryos in NHS hospitals are thrust into the furnace in order to heat the hospital as part of an energy saving scheme. Perhaps you sighed and reflected that this is the sort of world we have created for ourselves.

For me, and perhaps for many, the idea that this is part of a waste to energy scheme lends it a particular horror, I don't know why.

I suppose there will have to be some enquiry, which won't change anything except in that it will make some people feel better about it.

What I can't listen to, however, is people saying that it shows lack of respect for human remains. These are unborn people whom we as a society have decided to kill because they are inconvenient.

Now that is lack of respect.

No comments: