10 June, 2012

The Inspector calls

Despite having a typical middles class obsession with the rule of law, I have never had much time for the British Police. The times I have come in contact with them I have found them blokey, rude, judgmental and racist. And they seem to concentrate austerely on things the public aren't interested in, whilst ignoring what we regard as important (robbery, violence etc).

I used to support the reintroduction of capital punishment until the West Midlands police showed how they stitched up innocent people in order to improve they success rate.

So this blog congratulates the Home Secretary, Theresa May, for recommending someone independent as Inspector of Police. I find it astonishing, and very unhealthy, that this post has always been filled by a newly retired policeman.

Good luck to Tom Winsor.

No comments: