06 June, 2012

Venus passing

The wonderful pop group Dr. Hook used to sing a song called 'I got stoned and I missed it' in which, amongs other things, someone was giving dollar bills away but our hero, unfortunately.....

I was in fact in good shape for the passage of Venus across the Sun, which I am aware won't happen for another century or so - far longer than I am likely to live anyway - but dragging myself out to see a dot on the sun really didn't seem worthwhile.

I suppose many people felt the same. Anyway this is what we missed.

1 comment:

DAVE PHILLIPS in Reno, NV [USA] said...

** NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory is now running some near-real time imagery from "VOYAGER" from sun obit - of the Venus transit. If you seek a hyper-link, TIM I have always found them cooperative, to a fault!